“The Consumer Product Safety Commission and other organizations have been warning about the dangers of ingesting button batteries since at least 1983,” said Jonathan S. Harris, Houston Personal Injury Lawyer. “Yet, Ozark Trail failed to adequately secure the battery compartment of their Wal-Mart brand Ozark headlamp. As a result, our client’s toddler was injured and could have been killed,” he added.

The Ozark Trail headlamp had a casing that clipped together, rather than being secured with a screw lock.

Button batteries are especially dangerous for young children, since they are small and easy for a child to swallow without choking or coughing. Ingesting the batteries can cause potentially deadly esophageal burns and gastric perforation.

Every year, more than 2,800 kids are treated in emergency rooms after swallowing button batteries. This type of battery leads to more ER visits than any other—84 percent, according to one study

“Our aim is to get justice for our client and ensure this kind of preventable injury never happens again,” said Jonathan S. Harris.

If your child has suffered injury because of a button battery, the experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys at Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P. may be able to help you get compensation. Contact us at 713-364-0723 or visit https://www.smslegal.com/.

About Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P.

The Houston personal injury attorneys at Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P. have been helping clients take on some of the largest maritime, industrial, pharmaceutical, and insurance companies in the world since the firm’s founding in 1964.

We have more than 100 years of combined trial experience and have recovered more than $720 million for injury victims and their families. Learn more at https://www.smslegal.com/.

SOURCE Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P.

Related Links

https://www.smslegal.com/

Source link

Author: admin