MIAMI, Nov. 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump by 62% to 29% among Latino voters registered nationally, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll released on Sunday.
The poll’s findings show Biden holding a narrower advantage among Latino voters compared to Hillary Clinton at this point during the 2016 presidential race. In a November 2016 NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll, Clinton led Trump by 62% to 20% among registered Hispanic voters.
A story about the results of the NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll is available in Spanish on Telemundo.com. Highlights of both poll results will be featured on Noticias Telemundo’s Sunday newscasts at 6:30 p.m EDT/5:30 pm CT and 11:30 p.m. EDT/10:30 CT.
Some of the key findings include:
- 59% of Latino voters disapprove of President Trump’s job performance, with 47% saying they strongly disapprove; 32% approve
- Latino voters view President Trump’s handling of the economy favorably, with 49% approving of how he handles the economy compared to 39% who disapprove
- 59% of Latino voters say they believe the country is headed on the wrong track; 24% say it is headed in the right direction, with 10% saying they are not sure
- 63% of Latinos say they are “very interested” in the election
- Biden holds a 71% to 19% lead among female Latino voters, but a narrower 51% to 42% advantage among male Latino voters
- 72% of Latinos say they plan to vote early, with 58% saying they have already voted. 22% say they plan to vote in person on Election Day
- Nearly two-thirds — 64% — of Latino voters say they disapprove of President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, with 28% saying they approve
- 59% of Latinos say they believe the worst of the pandemic is yet to come, 22% say the worst is over
- 42% of Latinos say the pandemic has changed their lives in a “very major way” and 28% said it has impacted their lives in “a fairly major way.” 22% say it has changed their lives in “only a small way”
The poll was conducted by Hart Research Associates between October 29 and October 31, 2020 and has a margin of error of +/- 4.84 percentage points. The NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll interviewed an oversample of 410 registered Latino voters included in a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll of all voters released on Sunday.
The NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll was conducted as part of Telemundo’s “Decision 2020” initiative, a non-partisan multiplatform news and civic engagement effort to provide Latinos with comprehensive information and resources on this year’s election. It is the final Telemundo poll before the election, culminating a yearlong series of Telemundo local and national surveys focused on the Latino electorate.
Telemundo’s dedicated landing page for DECISIÓN 2020 election resources and voter registration information can be found at Telemundo.com/decision2020.
About NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Revenue Strategy & Innovation unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news, and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 50 affiliates, and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit, including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, Underground Producciones, an internationally renowned production boutique based in Argentina as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Revenue Strategy & Innovation unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox, and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world; and Universo, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience, and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
SOURCE NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises