“With these 2021 grants, our Philanthropic Fund will have invested $750,000 since 2014 in non-profit organizations that support financial education; science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) education; and health and human services,” said Delta Community CEO Hank Halter. “We’re grateful for opportunities to support organizations that share our commitment to improve the physical and financial health of people who live in the communities we are privileged to serve.”
Individual grants of $10,000 will be awarded to:
- Fill Ministries’ Meals by Grace
- Georgia Council on Economic Education
- S.H.A.R.E. House Family Violence Crisis Center
- StandUp for Kids – Atlanta
- The Multi-Agency Alliance for Children (MAAC)
Grants of $7,500 will be awarded to:
- 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc.
- Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice
- Good Shepherd Clinic
- Morehouse School of Medicine
Individual grants of $5,000 will be awarded to:
- Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- East Atlanta Kids Club
- Innovative Solutions for Disadvantage & Disability
- Operation Lunchbox
- Rising Phoenix Enrichment Program, Inc.
$2,500 grants will be awarded to:
- BH Technology Group
- Elaine Clark Center
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Songs for Kids Foundation
- Together Friends Organization
These grants are decided annually by a committee of volunteer, rotating Delta Community employees from different functional areas. The committee reviews applications and makes awards based on the amount requested; the proposed use of the funds; and alignment between the receiving organization’s mission and the Credit Union’s formal community investment strategy.
The application period for 2022 grants will open July 1, 2021. More information is available on the Credit Union’s Community Program page.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with a mission of providing better service and value on the products consumers use to manage household expenses and save for the future. Founded in 1940, Delta Community is Georgia’s largest credit union with more than 420,000 members, 26 metro Atlanta branches and three out-of-state branch locations. It welcomes anyone living or working in metro Atlanta as well as employees of more than 150 businesses, including Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, RaceTrac and UPS. Visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to open an account or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DeltaCommunity and Twitter at @DeltaCommunity.
SOURCE Delta Community Credit Union